The words we use to describe our lives matter.
Words become the roadmap and give direction to our lives.
They help us grow towards that which we want.
Words become our guide and lead us even when we don’t know the path.
What words are guiding your life path?
Where is your life headed?
Are you growing towards what you want?
Spinning in circles, busy, moving, but not moving forward?
Let me offer a suggestion to help you grow or move toward creating a life YOU love…
Its’ the word Savor.
If you were to Savor your life what would that feel like?
What would you be doing? Not doing?
Can you be with all of your life? The good, the challenges, the heartaches, the joys?
To Savor our lives does include savoring the challenges and heartaches too, not just the good parts of life or when things go our way. Are you a YES to all of life? Or just parts?
How might you grow towards savoring all of your life experiences?
I’d like to offer a “recipe” to help you SAVOR your life… all of it.
Here are the ingredients:
- Slow down your thoughts.
- Surrender to what is, to not knowing, to uncertainty.
- Soak-in the goodness already in you, in your life, in our world.
1) Slow down your thoughts is the first ingredient. Have you noticed that your thoughts come and go a mile a minute as if there is no beginning or end? They seem to “tailgate” each other leaving no room to slow down without a collision. Picture for a moment your thoughts are cars. You may have been told to keep a certain amount of car lengths between you and the car in front of you to avoid a collision should the car in front of you slow down or stop. This strategy gives you time to respond to the situation and not crash right into the car in front, right? Well the same is true of your thoughts… we need to slow them down so as to leave room or a “gap” between them so we can respond to the stimulus in our lives, not react or crash. We need to be able to step in-between stimulus and response and be able to choose what we want to experience. You can’t do that if your thoughts are moving too fast. All that can be changed if we slow down our thoughts. You can do this with a simple breath. A deep breath can immediately slow down your thoughts.
You could say you are one breath away from being able to SAVOR your life.
2) Surrender to what is, to not knowing, to uncertainty is the second ingredient. This is probably the hardest part or the part that needs the most practice. Surrender means to cease resistance. You’ve probably heard what we resist persists… you continue to let life repeat itself until it finally makes you surrender. But you can learn how to surrender from a place of love and power. No one is out to get you and life is always working to help you grow. The universe is benevolent. When you can slow down your thoughts you will find that to surrender is really about allowing yourself to not know, to be uncertain in this moment, You are resisting uncertainty. You are at war with your own thinking, not with the world or another. You just don’t want to feel uncertain. BUT it is ok to be uncertain and not know. It is ok to not have an answer. When you can surrender and just tell yourself it is ok, then an answer will come. It will bubble up from inside… like a gift. It will feel right, you will feel certain. It’s as if uncertainty breeds certainty. To surrender breeds the ability to savor.
You could say that surrender and savor are directly proportional to each other… the more you can surrender to what is the more you can SAVOR your life.
3) Soak-in all the goodness in you, your life and our world is the third ingredient needed to SAVOR your life. Soak-in like a sponge soaks in water. A sponge without water doesn’t work well. A sponge needs to soak in water to be a sponge. YOU without acknowledging all that is good and beautiful about you is like a sponge without water… you won’t function very well. You wont experience you. When we deny ourselves this ingredient we deny ourselves of life itself. Every thing in nature soaks-in what it needs to flourish… every thing. You are part of nature too. A flower doesn’t feel bad when it soaks-in nutrients from the soil or the sun’s rays. Neither should you my friend. What are you soaking in?
You could say that to soak-in your goodness is how to SAVOR your life.
Add those 3 ingredients to your life and you are headed in the direction of your dreams.
To create a life YOU love is to SAVOR the life you have.
P.S. If you would love to learn how to create a life YOU love and be able to SAVOR it, please consider going on The Be Meaningful Journey where I teach you how to live in the present and be able to navigate life and motherhood with more ease, grace and joy. You can learn more by clicking on the link at the top of my website.